Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Juno

Those who know me well would know that I'm pretty emotional in the literal sense and that I'm quite into indie stuff so I'm always looking out for such music or movies that appeal to me. Well my latest indulgence is the movie called Juno. I say indulgence as it allows me to feed and nurture my emotional/indie soul with such shiveringly spine-tingling material that it virtually affects my life in reality. Juno is just well, wow. I've never quite watched something like that before and it left me feeling there is so much more out there and thinking I should alter my approach towards people. It's so refreshing an experience and coupled with some of the most melancholy music ever heard, really makes it hard to beat. Ellen Page and Michael Cera pull this highschool-loving-couple-who-does-it-and-get-a-pregnancy role off with such poignancy albeit some awkwardness here and there. But thats what makes this movie so beautiful. It's real and down to earth with great doses of humour. I love it.

International House has been great so far and I've met so many people from various backgrounds. Swedish, Norwegians and Cambodians are a first in my life and thats on top of Germans, French and Kenyans just to name a few. It's like a whole new world with different people from everywhere just getting together and sharing our lives. Well, more is to come

No comments: