Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Like there's always been

Sometimes you get something you want but it's still
not really yours



separated by a distance through that your
outstretched arms desperately try to grasp
but only time will tell whether your desires end up
clutched snugly in your fists.

Sometimes you feel it's time to embrace what life has
on offer at the moment and just savor it innocently like a child



but at the back of your mind you know it's an inferno waiting to ignite
at the slightest of sparks and before you know it you're burnt down
and scorched to the ground.

It's all good if you maintain a safe distance for a little while more
but the whole situation just jumps at you like a pack of hungry wolves
demanding your fateful decision of fight or flight.

It's so hard sometimes. It really is.



"When I came to visit you,
That's when I knew, That I could never have you,
I knew that before you did,
Still I'm the one who's stupid,
And there's this burning, Like there's always been,
I've never been so alone, And I've never been so alive"

-Motorcycle Drive By by Third Eye Blind-

This gem of a song is 10 years old and I regret not coming to
know of it earlier as it just strikes right at the heart and when
you scream your lungs out along to it, the whole meaning
behind the song is encapsulated and appreciated.

So I hope you do what's right in your heart and mind and above
everything, try not to regret it.

Here's to you Noelle.

I've never been so alone, And I've never been so alive

No comments: